Simple Actionable Employee Survey Questions
Over the last three years we have collected, studied, and tested more than a thousand employee engagement and employee survey questions. For all of our questions we collected ratings from employees, managers, and organisational behaviour scientists (read more about teambay's question evaluation process here). Below is a list of the most relevant topics that you could ask your organisation, split into five categories.
Company Identification Survey Questions
- Management Choices Do you generally think that your management is taking the right decisions concerning the company’s future?
- Inclusion In Change Processes Do you feel informed about changes in the company that concern you and your work? | read blog article
- Information Transparency Do you feel that processes and decisions in your company are transparent? | read blog article
- Employer Recommendation If you had a friend whose skills matched an open position at your work, would you encourage the friend to apply?
- Tools at WorkDo you have all the tools you need to do your work well? | read blog article
- Company & Personal Values Do you think your personal values match the values of your company? | read blog article
- Supporting ProductivityDo you think that employees that have problems performing well at their job are supported effectively?
- Perceived FairnessDo you think that your company (including your supervisors) is generally acting fairly towards you? | read blog article
- Team Communication ChannelsDo you think that communication channels within your team are efficient? | read blog article
- Sharing KnowledgeDo you believe that best-practices are openly shared within your company?
Employee Recognition Survey Questions
- Handling Employee SuggestionsDo you feel that your feedback is taken seriously and your suggestions are honestly considered? | read blog article
- Appreciation of Work In the last 6 months has someone explicitly appreciated your work?
- Impact on Company SuccessDo you understand how your role contributes to the success of your company?
- Expectation Management at Work Do you know what is expected from you at work?
- Constructive Feedback about Work Do you usually receive useful and constructive feedback about the work you do?
- Quality VS. Quantity Do you feel that the quality of your work is more important than its quantity?
- Compensation & BenefitsIn comparison to your colleagues/people in the same profession, do you feel fairly rewarded?
- Codetermination At work, do you feel that you have enough opportunities to contribute to decisions that affect you?
Career Development Survey Questions
- Professional GoalsDo you feel like the work you have done in the last six months has moved you closer to your professional goals? | read blog article
- Career GrowthDo you see a clear path for how to grow in your company? | read blog article
- Training & EducationDo you feel that you are receiving the necessary training and education to help you improve the quality and understanding of your work?
- Time for Favourite ProjectsDoes your company give you the opportunity to invest extra time in your favourite projects?
- Job Challenge & Personal DriveDo you feel that your work is challenging enough for you?
- Focus at Work Last week, did you spend the majority of your time doing what you considered to be your job?
- Future Perspective Do you see yourself working for your company one year from now?
Working Relationships Survey Questions
- Autonomy at WorkDo you feel like your supervisor is giving you enough autonomy in your work? | read blog article
- Trusting Relationship with Supervisor | If you or your supervisor made a mistake, are you comfortable talking to him/her?
- Support From Colleagues The last time you were stuck with a difficult task, did you get a colleague to help you?
- Companionship at WorkIs there a person at work whose company you enjoy like that of a friend?
- Perceived Supervisor CompetenceDo you trust your supervisor to give you the best direction on your work?
- Team Commitment to QualityDo you believe that your colleagues are generally looking for ways to improve the quality of your company’s products and services?
- Working Morale In general, are you happy with your colleagues overall attitude and behaviour at work?
Employee Well-Being Survey Questions
- Company Support in Case of NeedDo you think that in a case of need (care for parents/children/medical condition) your company would support you in managing your personal life and your work?
- Manageable Workload In the last month, did you always feel in control of your work and faced manageable amounts of tasks?
- ConcentrationDo you work in an environment that allows you to concentrate?
- Positivity towards Work Do the days you DO want to come to work outnumber the days you DON’T want to come to work?
- Personal Activities & Hobbies Do you have time for hobbies/personal activities next to your work? | read blog article
- Positive Impact from Work All things considered, do you think your job gives more than it takes?
- Work – Life BalanceAre you able to satisfy both your job and personal responsibilities? | read blog article
- Satisfaction & AmbitionIn the last month, did doing your job well give you a sense of personal satisfaction?
- HealthIn the last three months, were you generally feeling healthy?