Privacy at teambay
In the following text, “teambay” or “us” or “we” means the teambay service as well as the legal entity, teambay UG (haftungsbeschränkt).
Your privacy is a crucial part of teambay that is very important to us. We follow German and EU law to keep your data safe from public access.
What teambay knows about you…
…as a company booking teambay
- We store email addresses, names, and additional employee characteristics that you supply, such as department or gender.
- Answers, comments, and thank-you messages supplied by employees as well as derived statistics are stored.
- We also store contact information for the company in general and the individual that booked teambay and receives weekly statistics.
- Finally, we gather payment information, if applicable, yet only through a third-party payment provider which has a proven track record of preserving your privacy, too.
…as an employee of a company that booked teambay
- Your employer supplies your company email address and, optionally, commonly known personal or job-related characteristics such as department and gender.
- We create an internal, minimum profile for you that lets us identify you when you answer questions or leave comments. This is to ensure that every employee answers every weekly question just once. Furthermore, we need the profile to deliver thank-you notes to co-workers.
- We also store your answers to the weekly questionnaires.
- Anonymity: WE DO NOT DISCLOSE YOUR INDIVIDUAL ANSWERS OR COMMENTS OR, IN FACT, WHETHER YOU PARTICIPATED IN THIS WEEK’S SURVEY AT ALL IN A WAY THAT LETS ANYONE TRACE YOUR ANSWERS BACK TO YOU.
- For the contents of additional comments you give each week, we encourage anonymity, too, but don’t require it. It’s up to you to use language that keeps your identity protected in comments.
- The same holds for thank-you messages.
- We may also store the time that answers, comments, and other user-supplied data is entered.
Employee’s responses to weekly questions are anonymized using mathematical principles when presented to management or any other company representatives. If a minimum number of answers aren’t submitted overall, we do not disclose responses such as, for example, the percentage of ‘yes’-responses to a week’s question. This is to ensure that management cannot infer which particular employee submitted which response.
How teambay protects your data
All data is stored through (1) established third-party service providers that manage email lists and deliver weekly emails, and (2) securely hosted websites for the static home page of teambay as well as the management view on weekly and long-term response statistics.
Cookies and similar data
No transfer of data to other third parties
We do not transfer or sell data we have about companies and their employees, other than to manage the information for the teambay service. Should we choose to work with a partner to provide extra services, and should a partnership require the usage of our clients’ information, we will first ask for permission to share such information.